One of the most beneficial exercises one can participate in is running. The health benefits are extensive and far reaching. Running can help your body age better, fight off diseases, aide in weight loss and keep your heart working stronger. If you are a beginner, or ever an advanced runner there are always some tips you want follow when choosing shoes to run in, and your running environment.
Make Sure to Follow These Few Tips Before Purchasing Your Running Shoes:
* Be sure to visit running specialty store to receive the best advice on help
* Fit your running shoes with the type of sock you intend to wear them with
* Do not break in running shoes on a long run, but rather over a series of shorter runs
* Replace running shoes every 300-400 miles
* Consider the arch in your foot and have your professional choose a shoe accordingly
Tips For Running Outdoors:
* Wear socks made of synthetic fibers that pull moisture away from your skin
* Do wear sport specific shoes
* Use sunscreen to prevent solar injury to your skin
* Be careful of the heat and be sure to be properly hydrated before, after and during your run.
*Consume 8oz of water every 20 minutes is recommended.
*Try to avoid running the in the middle of the say between 11:00am and 3:00pm, when the sun is at its peak.
Tips For Running Indoors:
* Try a different program until you find one that best fits you
* Wear light running shoes to help you run faster; treadmills usually have
* good shock absorption so you can run in lighter shoes without increasing your risk for injury
* Do not look down at the monitor as this can throw off your running posture and balance
General Running Tips:
* Use a heart rate monitor
* Stay hydrated
* Have fun! Listen to music if that will help you enjoy your run more.